Dirty Dozen & Clean Fifteen15 Mar, 2021
Of all the chemicals we are exposed to, pesticides are one of the most dangerous.
Removing them from your diet is a great first step in creating a healthy immune system. Acute symptoms from pesticide exposure may include headaches, dizziness, respiratory difficulty, muscular weakness, and nausea.
Pesticides are considered endocrine disruptors, carcinogenic, and neurotoxic. In addition, pesticides can even cause genetic damage, setting the body up for future disease. Children are especially vulnerable to pesticide exposure.
Whenever possible, try to eat organic foods to reduce pesticide exposure in your diet. Sometimes it is difficult or too expensive to only buy organic produce therefore I suggest you use the Environmental Working Group’s (EWG) Shopper’s Guide to Pesticides in Produce – the Clean Fifteen and the Dirty Dozen, to help you make the best decisions possible. If you do buy conventionally grown fruits and vegetables, be sure to wash them well using a bicarb soak, or a fruit & veg wash before consuming them.